Friday, September 19, 2008

He married me...

Well, we did it.

And the wedding was Beautiful. The only thing I would have changed was to have it 30 mins to an hour earlier because we ran out of day light.


We got hitched on the white sands of Grayton Beach. And it turned out perfect. I had to worry for 2 weeks about Hurricane Gustav, Hannah and Ike. But they all missed the area and it didn't rain once during our stay there. My dad ended up coming and walked me down the aisle. I rememeber walking down the boardwalk and smiling down at Jon, and telling myself to look down to make sure not to trip.


The officiant was very good but I was so wrapped up in the moment I don't remember much of what he said. I just kept looking at Jon, looking around at the beautiful scenery and thinking I can't believe it's here and it's perfect.


The months leading up to the wedding were emotional due to family issues, the weeks leading were stressful due to the unknowing weather, the days leading were fun and slightly drama filled, the hours leading were relaxed and slightly blank. While I was slightly concerned because I didn't feel all that excited, I knew it was probably because for 9 months I was an emotional wreck and knew it was almost over. My lack of excitement was eased by the fact that I was in no way nervous and did not have one ounce of doubt in my whole body. The few moments before walking up to my husband to be I was elated and filled with love.


During the ceremony I was anxious for that first kiss but taking in the beauty and trying to capture as much of the surroundings and going ons for my archieves . This really has been an up and down roller coaster for me for at least 6 months, but the day turned out better than I could have ever imagined and I would go through it all over again to have such a breath-taking experience.


No comments: