Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The past week without a job

Its been interesting. I have tried to stay busy. I have had 2 meetings since the 2nd. The first was for a sales/customer rep for a flower shop. The interviewee told me how sh had had 80 responses to her craigslist response. I talked to her today and she informed me she had narrowed it down to 3. And that she would like the 3 of us to come in at seperate times for 4 hour block. To try it out to see who is the best fit. Which is crazy to me because I have been on a lot f customer service interviews and that has never occured. But that is how the economy is making it. They can be super choosy. So, of course I will have to do it. And I am sure it will be fine. It's kind of cool that out of 80, I am one of the 3 best.

I had a meeting today with a furniture dealership. Just to learn about the company and for the manager to figure out who I was. They have large bids out right now and are getting to know the possiblities of future employers before they get over their heads. I felt ok about that interview. Just wish I had learned even more at my previous job.

I have stayed positive through most of this. But with my pay check we were living pay check to pay check. If I don't find a job, we will be a couple hunderejd short each week. That's stressful for anyone who has lost their job. I am finding it even more stressful, because it feels like I am having to sacrifice on what is healthy and not so much for me, while I am trying to grow our little one.

I will continue to be as strong as I can be. I'll be damned if I will let what some good ole' country boys (out for themselves) did to me, get me down.

No comments: