Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thoughts from the first week

I knew love could come so early.

3am the first night home and trying to figure everything out. Being completely exhausted but still loving it.

I don't want and expect to get PPD, but definitely feel the emotions. Two days before Jon had to go back to work, I was already sad to see him go.

Never thought I would be waiting and excited to see a poopie diaper.

I had planned from the beginning to try breast feeding. I knew it was going to be difficult because of my own personal issues. The main reason I was planning on breast feeding was to save money. I knew it would be better for Owen and convenient and the bonding experience, but my only purpose was to save money. I am a private person and didn't think I would be comfortable with this little person attached to me. And I have inverted nipples, which has made it more difficult for the average woman, so it has yet to be convenient and I don't think it will
ever be. I think I will mostly have to pump, which is time consuming and somewhat annoying. But I don't want to stop now. I figured I would have given up by now. But I love it. I just wish it was easier for me. It makes me sad that it is so difficult and upsets me that I may have to give up at some point because it may not be realistic at some point. I enjoy our time together (when I don't have to pump) and love the fact that all the work I have to do is the best for him. So, while I still like the money that I am saving, but now I do it for all the reasons.

So much time just sitting and starring.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! Hang in there!

Alyson said...

You can do it sweetie! So many changes and such little time to get used to all of them. You're doing great. :) XOXO