Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Good Weekend

So Jon and I knew we wanted to go away for the weekend so Friday after work we wrote four places on a slips of paper to draw from a hat: St. Louis, Memphis, Chattanooga and Little Rock. I drew St. Louis and after I found out it was 6 hours away, I quickly picked again. MEMPHIS.

Now, that day I was in a horrible mood. I didn't talk to anyone and I was just so depressed, my co-workers have never seen me like that (which is a good thing because growing up I was a very depressed person).

So, I wanted to get out of town but at the same time I still wasn't a happy person. Typically I don't love driving as much as Jon does, but after about 30 mins of driving I was feeling much better.

So we get to our hotel at around 9 or so and catch a cab to Beile St. It was crazy, people all over the street, drinking and having a good old time. There were a bunch of kids tumbling in the street. We ate at Hard Rock (my first time since middle school) and i had a Burger with Lettuce and Onion (for anyone that knows me they know that is Crazy that I don't have it plain with only ketchup and mustard).

So Jon buys me this drink that is almost as tall as him and we go dance and take pictures at one of the clubs, and almost got married since it was 6/7/08. Thank God we didn't.

We caught the same cab back, I can't remember his name but his girl said her name was "Miss Piggy" now that was just the funniest thing to me.


We got up early the next morning (why do I always get up earlier on hung over mornings than any other) and went to the zoo.

I have been to our Nashville Zoo a couple of times but the Memphis Zoo was the first time that I have felt sorry for the animals.

We then went to Graceland, where we had to pay $8.00 to park, which I thought was ridiculous... Well not as ridiculous as the $37.00 ticket to take one tour. Well, we turned right around and left. So, we paid $8.00 to park for 5 minutes.

Then we headed to Tunica.

Now I have never gambled before and for those who know me well I am a tight wad. But I was up for it. Well, I got pretty frustrated because it wasn't making much sense and Jon couldn't really explain it to me. And then I just kept noticing I would put $20 and push a button and my money would slowly go to nothing.

Now I understand I really didn't know what I was doing, but still. Anyway, so we lost about $200 in probably less than an hour. We had dinner and were back in the room by probably 8:00.

Luckily Jon can't contain himself and when he went for breakfast he took his last $10 and won $200. We made the trip home. Jon went out of the way to go over the Mississippi River, so I could say I had seen it and that I had been to Arkansas.

We stopped at his parents house for a BBQ and swimming and I got a lot of sun. A little burnt but I have been much worse.

So, Thank you Jon for getting me out of the house and giving me another memory.

No comments: