Thursday, December 18, 2008

Entering the real world of "mommies"



I have been in a lot of mom groups, and people may find that hard to believe since I am expecting my 1st in June but its true. And while I love the idea about getting support, letting off steam, meeting new people and everything else that goes along with them. They are so difficult sometimes.
Seeing the same post after same post. I can no longer be supportive for fear I will just say something that is more nicely sarcastic but will just sound bitchy. And I can see even in these early stages how its all a compitition.
Now its, I am already showing, I already registered, I felt it move at 4weeks, and "heard the HB at 5weeks by putting my own ear to my tummy" (please someone explain to me how that is physically possible?) my son's penis is so big we could see it at 6 weeks.
And then it will turn into, my baby smiled, my baby is potty trained at 6 months, by baby can run at 9months, my baby can read at 2. and on and on.
And "room moms" feel like they have to stop something before it starts so its like no one can be in disagreement. And if you are in disagreement, then you should just skip the post and not voice your opinion.
Just because I voice a different opinion doesn't mean that I (or they) are right or wrong. We are just different. But the differences don't have to be silenced. A debate can go on without it having to be nasty. But some can't let it just be a healthy debate, and others can't let it become a debate at all.
So like all the other boards I have been on they start are great, then the disagreements, then the drama, then nastyness, the hurt feelings, and slowly people just drift away.







No comments: