Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Getting Close


So, I had my 37 week appointment today and they did the strep B test. I will get my results next week. I go every week from now on. My blood pressure is in the "wonderful" range. And the midwife says he is an average size. She predicts he won't be anymore than 8lbs. I have a hard time believing her, because I was such a big baby, but I am hoping she is right. He is head down. And he likes sticking his little butt out. They asked if I wanted them to check me. I said I don't think it's needed but WTH "it will give me a taste of what the future will hold" They did the exam and asked if it hurt. I said not really. And she was like, "you are just easy going aren't you?" I said pretty much but it was nice to hear. Hopefully I am in the right mind set and the labor will go a little easier than if I were all stressed out.

But anyways I was right. The cervix is nice a tight! I predict he will be at least a week late. Everything else is just great.

So, the main midwife I was seeing is leaving at the end of June, so I got transfered to a new midwife. I really like her. I saw her for the first time 2 weeks ago, and she remembered me this time. I saw one of the nurses and I can't remember if the second or the third meeting she introduced herself like it was the first time I had met her. And the new midwife even remembered that I think I am allergic to pnecillian. She is very nice and answers all my questions and doesn't make me feel like a retard by asking them. She is a petite woman with small hands but has a strong hand shake. Which I am sure some people wouldn't even notice. But I remember learning in college how a handshake makes all the difference, so I always try to have a good handshake and pay attention to others.

Oh, I started off at 170lbs and today I weighed at 209lbs. While I am sure most women freak out about 39lbs (plus at the end of this). But I am not worried about (yet). I am actually feeling pretty good. I think I look pretty great (minus the ugly stretch marks). And I have gotten a lot of comments of how nice I look pregnant and really not that big. (I mean I am big, but not big big.)

I want to send a big THANK YOU to everyone's nice comments. It really has meant a lot!

No comments: